If you have pets, you know they love to sleep on the furniture. The next question is how to get those smells out of the furniture and carpets.
1. If they like the blankets and pillows, then take the covers off and wash them, Once a month is a good start.
2. Also some furntire comes with removalble covers. Take them off and if they are able to be machine washed then throw them in the wash as well. Please follow the directions on the labels. It does you no good to go to all that work, then ruin your furniture.
3. Use the vacuum on the couches and chairs to help remove the hair/fur, this is when you can apply a little baking soda. Baking soda helps to neutralize, or remove the odor.
4. For those stubborn smells a carpet cleaning company might have to come in and use their equipment to get the smells out. With the right equipment and experience it can be done pretty quick and very affordable.
You are having friends and family over for a wonderful celebration, and it happens. Red Wine spilled on the carpet. What do you do to get it out?
1. Act quickly to minimize the damage. DO NOT rub the stain. Blot at it with a cloth and water, repeat as much as needed to get the wine out of the carpet. Use a clean cloth.
2. A table spoon of dishwashing liquid and a tablespoon of vinegar mixed into 2 cups of water has proven effective. Apply the mixture to the stain and blot until the stain is gone.
3. This one comes straight from my Grandma. Pour a liberal amount of salt onto the stain. The salt will suck up the wine. Leave this one over night. The salt will have changed color from the wine. you can vacuum it up. If this did not work completely you can add a little water to the stain to make wet again and pour fresh salt on it.
4. Some people have used hydrogen peroxide and soap, with good results but remember that the peroxide is like a bleach product and can discolor your carpet. Use this one with caution. 2 part peroxide one part dish soap. apply and again always blot with a clean cloth.
5. Some stain products on the market are pretty good. Find one you like and give it a try.
6. If you have a stubborn stain you may need to rent or buy a carpet cleaning machine and use that on the affected area.
7. Call in your local carpet cleaning company to get rid of that pesky stain.